Since we have reached the end of 2021, it’s time to think about resolutions for the new year. To make this process easier for you, we’ve compiled our top 10 sales and marketing resolutions that will get you ready to smash your sales and marketing goals, increase your reach, and supercharge your growth.
Our top 10 Tech resolutions for 2022:
- Automate the boring stuff. Just because a process is done by a person today doesn’t mean it has to stay that way. Think about mundane, repetitive tasks that you could automate. An example might be using forms instead of a Word document. Automation allows your people to focus on interesting, high-value work. They’ll thank you for it!
- Start with the problem, not the software solution. It is so easy to get excited about a new software. We get it! But when it comes to deciding the software to invest in, make sure you start with understanding the problem you want to solve and then work back from there.
- Document your sales processes. Businesses often don’t get around to defining their sales processes. But defining sales processes is crucial to avoid costly rework when implementing CRMs, automation, digital marketing, etc. At a minimum, you should aim to achieve consensus on the key stages of your sales process and the critical practices at each stage. After this, everything else will start to fall into place.
- Introduce new integrations. Get your software talking to each other to minimise time wasted on double data entry and eliminate the potential for human error. There are so many integrations available that will make this resolution an easy one to keep.
- Get your tech housekeeping in order. Audit your software licenses and unsubscribe from any tech that you’re not using or no longer need. Assess your Salesforce licenses and make sure you’re only paying for those that you still use and have stopped paying for any previous employees and consultants.
- Digitalisation. Take your data and processes online to unlock the power of data. Bonus points for using less paper and helping the environment.
- Keep data simple. Don’t try to boil the ocean with your first attempt at collecting and analysing data. People can get excited about measuring everything, but in reality you only need to measure 5-7 key events to get all the information needed to improve your nurture and sales processes.
- Consider dynamic content for your website. Make sure you have a single source of truth for all your website content by implementing dynamic content. This means your website will automatically update as required.
- Start using suppression audiences in digital advertising. Stop the wrong people from consuming your ads and driving up your cost per lead. Audience suppression can help save budget, acquire higher-value customers, increase loyalty and accelerate your growth. It’s a no brainer.
- Replace brand ad campaigns with search terms. Running a brand ad campaign means that audiences searching Google for your company name will click on the expensive Google ad link that appears, instead of the direct and more importantly, free link to your website. With the right SEO in place, your company will be the first organic search term that appears in Google. So ditch that costly and unnecessary brand ad campaign and stick with search terms that reflect your customers’ purchase intent instead.
Our team is here to help you achieve your resolutions in 2022. Contact us at Fluent Group for help with any of these resolutions so you can supercharge your growth. Enjoy the holidays and we look forward to connecting in the new year.